Saturday, January 18, 2014

Vivienne's Visitors

Due to an incapacitated mother, we had a lot of help with our new little girl. We are extremely appreciative of all of the amazing help and love from the grandparents and Auntie Lara. Kathleen (Kim's mom) stayed for 3 weeks and did quite a few NICU feedings when Kim couldn't. Kathy was actually Viv's favorite for quite awhile. Lisa (Thomas' mother) also came out for a week and helped out with Dean quite a bit. Dean was taken out of daycare when Viv came home from the NICU. I can't find a pic of Lisa so she is underrepresented in this blog.
Viv in Kathy's arms
Auntie Lara generously came a week later and was a great help with Dean and around the house. We are so grateful to get to see her and have her hold the baby. 
 
 Tim and Charlene came out next. Tim actually drove out all the way to Colorado in one day with Charlotte's books. Tim has become a vital baby whisperer for us at the 5-6 week mark when fussy babies need to be walked around. Both Tim and Charlene were around for Viv's first virus which caused her to have fluid in her lungs and made her paranoid mommy spend a night in the ER. Viv was a champ and is doing great now.
 When Charlene left, I was finally getting to a lower dose of high blood pressure meds so I wasn't quite so useless and I took over full-time parenting.


No comments: